Zero Harm Life Saving Rules for Road Users
It’s all system go for the construction road repairs of the 35 km stretch of EN1 highway between Pambara and Mangungumete, which connects the EN1’s extreme south of the country within Maputo Province right up to the extreme north of Inhambane Province.
These are wonderful news for our staff who make use of the road which is a vital link to the Sasol and CMH CPF operation. That is, until they have to experience the long stop and go traffic.
To keep you safe and alive on the road, as part of the commitment to Zero Harm please remember the company has developed Life Saving Rules, with associated behaviours, to prevent serious injuries and fatalities.
If you’re going to be on the road, these are rules you need to comply with in order to keep safe.
- Keep to all traffics rules
- Keep to the speed limit
- Use the seatbelt when driving and ensure that passengers are buckled up
- Keep safe following distances
- Avoid overloading vehicles
- Report reckless and negligent driving
- Only overtake when it is permitted and safe to do so
- Give pedestrians, who are busy crossing a road, the right of way.
- Only operate a vehicle when you feel well and rested
Please remember to allow extra time for your journey, it’s important you arrive at your destination alive and safe.